August 30, 8:30am
This morning, the district prosecutor in Cairo met with our lawyers, staff from the Canadian Embassy, and John and Tarek. This was the meeting that had been set for Thursday.
The prosecutor said his own investigation was continuing and he was waiting for additional information, which he expects to come in another few days, before making his decision about whether Tarek and John would be released. Our lawyers will be checking in daily to see if the prosecutor has made his decision.
Tarek and John remain in high spirits.